Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recipe: Freezer Cucumber Pickles

If your garden is producing a plethora of cucumbers, here is a quick and easy recipe. (I made it last evening---very quick & easy!)

Freezer Cucumber Pickles

4 pounds cucumbers, washed & sliced
2 cups onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup salt
3/4 cup water
4 cups sugar
2 cups cider vinegar
1 T. Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, Garlic Seasoning (optional)

In a large bowl(s) combine sliced cucumbers, onions, salt & water. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours. Do not drain. Add sugar, vinegar, & seasonings and stir until sugar is disolved. Pack into freezer containers leaving 1 inch headspace. Cover with lids and freeze for up to 6 weeks.

To serve: Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very easy. I think my granddaughter needs this recipe :) Thank you, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Sounds good.

    I'm stopping by from the Thursday Friends Cafe Hop. I'd love if you stopped by my blog. I'm following you by GFC. Have a great day.

    Lisa W
    http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete